The complexities of federal government contracts should not be handled by inexperienced counsel. The attorneys at Roeder, Cochran, Phillips, PLLC, have the breadth and depth of experience to help individuals and businesses throughout the life cycle of government contracts, including bidding, negotiating and resolving areas of dispute.
We have particular knowledge and experience regarding VA Federal Supply Schedules (FSS) contracts. Tech and service providers looking to enter into this lucrative market must understand contracting requirements, pricing negotiations and myriad other nuances of federal contracting law. Attorney Jim Phillips is a member of the ABA Section of Public Contract Law and has been a featured speaker in a number of NCMA World Congresses. He is considered a thought leader in this field and regularly speaks to colleagues and others regarding federal government contract matters.
He can help you meet compliance and industry best practices to give you the best opportunity to pursue access to the federal market.
Comprehensive Services For Businesses, Contractors And Others
Roeder, Cochran, Phillips, PLLC, represents clients in a wide array of legal matters related to government contracts, negotiation and litigation, including:
- Bid protests (GAO, CoFC, SBA)
- Federal procurement law
- Defense contracts, including under the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
- Prime subcontractor business disputes
- Organizational/personal conflicts of interest
- FAR requirements and core contractor compliance obligations
- Small-business programs, including affiliation, certifications, 8(a) and mentor-protégé
- Organizational conflicts of interest/personal conflicts of interest
- Subcontracts, teaming agreements and joint venture agreements
- Disputes and contract claims
- GSA & VA schedules
- Noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements
- Contract management topics, including innovations and cost accounting issues
- GSA real property contracts and general clauses
- Business ethics, contractor code of business ethics and voluntary disclosure
- Suspension and debarment
- Terminations for default and convenience
- Audits and investigations
- Intellectual property and data rights
- Restrictions on hiring former federal officials
- Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act
- Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act
Health Care Contracting
An increasing portion of the federal budget is being allocated to supporting health care programs for our nation’s veterans, active duty service personnel and their dependents. The majority of these programs are centralized in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Defense (DOD).
Effective participation in these programs requires insight and experience with the FSS and national contracting programs administered by the VA’s National Acquisition Center (NAC), prime vendor programs administered by the VA and the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), DLA E-Catalog contracts and emerging programs and standardization initiatives through the VA’s Strategic Acquisition Center (SAC) and the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
Roeder, Cochran, Phillips, PLLC, professionals have extensive experience with all these programs and agencies, and interacts on a regular basis with decision-makers and professionals in all of these organizations in order to provide timely, effective and current counseling to our firm’s clients.
You can reach our McLean, Virginia, office by calling 703-749-6050. We also respond quickly to online inquiries.