Caitlin K. Lhommedieu has significant experience in complex commercial litigation, including all phases of pre-trial and discovery practice, fact and expert discovery, electronic discovery, and motions for summary judgment. She has gone to trial in cases concerning patent infringement, government contracts, commercial lease disputes, and many more. Additionally, Ms. Lhommedieu has handled a number of appeals to the Court of Appeals of Virginia.
Caitlin is also a registered patent attorney with a depth of experience in client counseling regarding intellectual property and patent prosecution. Her prosecution and counseling know-how includes preparation and prosecution, including provisional and non-provisional applications, amendments, reexaminations, reissues, and preparation of invalidity and non-infringement opinions, as well as license agreements.
She had the pleasure of serving as Law Clerk to the Hon. T. Rawles Jones, Jr., Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria, Virginia, 2001-02.
Ms. Lhommedieu is author of “The Defense of Inequitable Conduct in 2006: A Review of Inequitable Conduct Cases and a Preview of Proposed Changes,” Journal of Generic Medicines, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 320-327 (July 2006).
Caitlin earned her undergraduate degree in Physics from John Hopkins University in 1989. She earned her law degree from George Mason University School of Law in 2001.
Ms. Lhommedieu is a Founding Member and Master of the Bench of the Pauline A. Newman Inn of Court. She previously served as President of the Northern Virginia Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Ms. Lhommedieu is admitted to practice in Virginia.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
- Employment Litigation
- Family Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Virginia, 2002
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2002
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- J.D. – 2001
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Honors: Writing Fellow
- Honors: Best Oral Arguments and Best Appellee’s Brief
- Law Journal: Federal Circuit Bar Journal
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.A. – 1989
- Major: Physics
- “The Defense of Inequitable Conduct in 2006: A Review of Inequitable Conduct Cases and a Preview of Proposed Changes,” Journal of Generic Medicines, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 320-327 (July 2006), Author
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Northern Virginia Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Past President
- Pauline Newman IP Am. Inn of Court, Founding member and Master of the Bench
Past Employment Positions
- McGuireWoods, McLean, Virginia, 2006-2011
- Greenblum and Bernstein, Reston, Virginia, 2002 – 2006
- Hon. T. Rawles Jones, Jr., Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria, Virginia, Law Clerk, 2001 – 2002